Monday, November 5, 2007

Back from a Pagan weekend

So, I went to Hekate's Sickle this weekend put on by the ATC. The ATC is the Aquarian Tabernacle Church, one of the biggest if not the biggest Wiccan church in North America. They put on festivals twice a year, Spring Mysteries around Easter/Ostara and Hekate's Sickle around Halloween/Samhain. They also do rituals every two weeks for full moon and new moon. There are some amazing people involved in this church, including a good friend of mine. So many people have dedicated their lives to this church, and it's so awe inspiring and makes me want to dedicate my own life to the church.

Anyways, Sickle. A Celtic death festival. I cried like a baby. I lusted after Gods. I was scared out of my wits. I was hit by the cosmic Clue-by-four. I was amazed. I was exhausted. I loved it all. I'm still recuperating. It doesn't feel right being back in the real world yet. I want to go back.

I did get knitting done this weekend. Finished a scarf for a swap, it's not sent off yet so I can't post it. I need to finish one of the big projects I'm working on soon. I feel I have stagnated because I never sit down and knit anymore, it's all on the go so I do easy projects and none of the complex stuff, all the lace and color work and sweaters, never get worked on! I must be true to myself and the responsibilities I have undertaken for myself and should finish some of these things soon. I feel like I'm letting myself down again and again when I look at my WIPs sitting around my room. This owning up to my responsibilities thing came from Sickle and I need to get off my ass and do what's right for myself, 'cause it's actually creating anxiety leaving things unfinished.

I'm also currently looking for a job to live up to the promises I made to my father. I'm finishing my ISP (independent study project) to live up to the promises I made to adviser and more importantly myself. I'm inviting my brother up this weekend to treat others like I would like to be treated, giving him a warm place to sleep and treating him as a guest. In short, I am living up to my responsibilities, or at least trying to and making myself feel bad enough about failing to get my ass in motion (though not bad enough to make myself depressed).

Was this long enough? Hopefully someone will load pics from Sickle soon so I can steal them and post them here. And hopefully I fulfill my promises soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds awesome, Tina. Good luck with fulfilling your promises!